Who doesn’t love Pizza? I love Spinach and paneer in all forms. So, thought of clubbing my spinach pesto recipe into veggie pizza and prepared this for the kids. Should I say, even I loved it too: D
Usually I make pizza by chopping vegetables into bite size pieces and mixing it with the seasoning that one likes and mixing some chopped cheese too. It will surely give a more tastier pizza than normal veggie one.
In this way, veggies absorb more flavour and because of cheese it gives a little texture too.
Now we will see how I did this nutritious treat –
For Spinach Pesto:
Spinach – 1 small bunch
Walnuts – 2 table spoons
Garlic salt – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tsps.
Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Pizza base – 2 numbers
Vegetables – 1 bowl (Paneer – 100 gms, yellow and red capsicum – ½ each, Boiled sweet corn -2 tbl sp)
Onion – ½
Hot and sweet tomato ketch up – 2 tbl sp
Mozzarella cheese – 2 tbl sp + 2 table sp (to garnish at the top)
- Grind all the items under spinach pesto and make a smooth paste and keep aside. It is for pizza spread.
- Now chop all the vegetables and onion.
- Take one bowl, put all the chopped items, Tomato ketchup and 2 tbl spoons of grated cheese and paneer. Mix everything and keep it ready. This is for the toppings(fillings).
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C
- Take a Pizza base on lined baking tray, Spread Spinach pesto over the pizza base.
- Top with veggie mixture, which we have mixed and kept ready.
- Spread this topping equally and grate some more cheese and spread evenly on top.
- Bake this for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts and becomes bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and cut and serve.
- Usually it doesn’t require any seasoning, if you feel like adding some, you can add and enjoy.