Banana stem or Plantain stem is a rich source of fibre ,potassium and Vitamin B6 which helps to maintain a fluid balance within our body. Banana stem is diuretic which helps to detoxify our body and hence it is used extensively to treat kidney stone naturally.
If you want to see a detailed pictorial guide for “How to chop Banana stem” you can refer this link .
Plantain stem – 6 – 8 inch
Hing – a generous pinch
Curd – 1 cup
Green chillies – 2 to 3 ( we normally use Bird eye chillies)
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Slice plantain stem into discs, remove thread like fibre while slicing.
- Chop the roundels into thin slices.
- After slicing the roundels, stack 5 to 6 roundels one over the other and chop as desired. I usually make square small pieces for this salad.
- Sprinkle salt, generous amount of hing and mix it thoroughly.
- If you are using green chillies , chop them. If you are using bird eye chillies, use as it is.
- Do seasoning, heat oil, splutter mustard, add chillies and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning over salad. Crush all the seasoning by using hand. This step would help to release the chilli flavour.
- Add curd and mix. Serve as a side dish with Rice. It tastes good with Roti’s as well.