Two years back I had a pumpkin vine in my kitchen garden. We enjoyed so many delicacies from its flower and we used to love the tawa fry of the flowers a lot. Even now my daughter remembers the taste of it and asks me to make them. Last week she asked me to try pumpkin tawa fry, instead of the flower and it turned out to be absolutely delicious and she was happy too. It is a blend of all kinds of flavours, the sweetness and hing combine to make it a great side dish.
Here I have used green colored young pumpkin –
Pumpkin slices – 20
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Hing – ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Chiroti /fine rawa – 3 table spoon
Rice flour – 2 teaspoon
Powdered Hing – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
Coconut oil – 3 -4 table spoon.
- Slice pumpkin into ¼ “thickness, with outer skin intact.
- Put marinating ingredient and mix this and keep aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take one bowl: mix all the ingredients under outer cover- rawa, salt, rice flour, hing, red chilli powder, turmeric – and mix without adding water.
- Whenever you are ready to make it, heat iron Dosa griddle, dip each piece in the rawa mix, coat both the side nicely and keep them for frying on the hot iron griddle.
- Roast both the sides by applying sufficient coconut oil.
- It can be served as an appetizer or side dish for a South Indian lunch.
-Hope you will like the dish as much as we did 🙂
Have a nice day! Cant wait to put up more dishes for you 😀
P.S: If any of my ideas inspire you to create something on the similar lines, I would feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding 🙂