I am celebrating my blog’s first anniversary, what more reason do we need to celebrate than this? I chose to prepare our all-time favorite “crunchy ice cream” which I whipped up a couple of years back, after tasting this yummilicious blend of fresh cream, chocolate, Vanilla ice cream with crunchy rice crispies, which we enjoyed during our Malaysia trip at Dip n Dip’s This recipe is a crowd pleaser, child friendly as well as perfect for any family gathering and celebrations.
Fresh cream – 200 grams
Cooking chocolate – 100 -150 grams
Sugar – 2 tsp
Rice crispy – 100 grams
Vanilla ice cream – as needed
Chocolate vermicelli or sprinkles – little
-Grate cooking chocolate or make small chunks.
-Take one sauce pan and boil fresh cream, cooking chocolate, sugar into sauce consistency.
-Now Take 4 serving bowls. Pour Rice crispies at the base.
-Next, pour Hot chocolate sauce and place one ball of ice cream.
-If you want, you can sprinkle some chocolate vermicelli/ sprinkles and some more sauce and enjoy with your family.
Here healthy refers to ‘No maida’ and personally I prefer to include healthy flours instead of maida and experiment with the same. Today I made this multi millet flour brownie. These brownies turned out to be a soft, fudgy and delicious and no one cribbed about the altogether elimination of all-purpose flour in this bake. It was so delicious, and my dear hubby was all into praise!!! That was the highlight and I don’t get this every day. Yes!!! I need to work hard for it.: D He usually doesn’t prefer to compromise on basic taste. Today I did achieve to get that “classic brownie” taste without any compromising.
This is an excellent,an easy recipe which you can prepare in advance when you are entertaining guests and have many other stuffs to prepare. It is a perfect dessert option along with an ice cream. Re- heat before serving to give an extra zing with cold ice cream.
Sprouted finger millet/ragi flour – 1 cup
Mix millet flour – 1 cup
Walnuts – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Cooking Milk chocolate slab – 300 grams
Cocoa powder – 2 table spoons
Butter – 100 grams
Curd – ½ cup
Light brown sugar – 1 cup
- Assemble all the materials and keep it ready.
- Put butter and cooking chocolate in a sauce pan and melt.
- Add sugar and switch off the gas.
- Cool this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add in beaten eggs and curd. Mix thoroughly.
- This is your wet ingredient and keep it aside.
- Break walnuts into tiny chunks.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients, two flours, cocoa powder and walnut chunks in one bowl.
- Dry mix all the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredient mixture into this bowl and fold in.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C
- Pour this batter in a greased, butter paper lined baking tin for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean while checking the doneness.
- After it is done, remove from the oven and cool.
-Serve hot brownies as it is or with vanilla ice cream.
Note: If your cooking chocolate has sugar, please reduce the sugar quantity to ¾ cup.
Gelato is a super-rich, creamy, intensely flavoured natural ice cream. ”Gelato “is the Italian word for an ice-cream, is defined in English as a “Soft ice cream”.
It contains milk cream, sugar and puree of fresh fruit or nut.
Over ripe fruits or Unused fruits are a very good option to prepare this intense fruit flavoured gelato. Here I have used Indian black plum or Jamoon/Jamun fruit and locally we call this as “Nerale hannu” in Kannada.
Jamoon/Jamun fruit – 250 gms
Condense milk /Milk maid – 400 gms
Fresh cream – 200 ml. (Used Amul brand)
– Wash Jamoon fruit remove seeds and keep aside.
– Take one mixer jar, churn this fruit only for small interval .Here you should use “Pulse” option in mixer grinder, so that fruit will be like small chunks and will not become puree.
– After this, mix in cream, condensed milk. Whip until you get nice homogenous mixture.
– Store this in an ice cream container and freeze for 5 to 6 hours and enjoy your melt in a mouth flavourful treat.