After peapod pakoda, I wanted to try some more with peapod. Peapods are so rich in flavour as well as taste. So, I tried a salad and it turned out so tasty and healthy. Here’s the recipe.
Peapods –as required
Olive oil – 1 to 2 teaspoon
Garlic – 7 -8 flakes
Red chilli flakes – ½ – 1 teaspoon
White sesame – 1 teaspoon
- Separate fresh and green peels (pods) while opening, to collect green peas.
- After this, peel off the inner membrane (which will not cook and it is fibrous too)
- How to remove inner membrane: If you want to see a pictorial guide, click here
- You basically have to take one of the ends, fold in and pinch inwards, slide your thumb beneath and remove the glossy membrane and separate. If membrane breaks in-between, try from the other side.
- Discard inner membrane and use outer green cover to make salad.
- Wash these peels and drain, keep aside.
- Slice garlic and keep aside.
- Dry roast sesame and keep aside.
- Take one tawa, add oil .When oil becomes hot, add garlic slices and fry until it is brown.
- Add in washed and drained peapods, fry for a while. Sprinkle salt and red chilli flakes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- I served this with Spinach Khichdi. Click here to see the recipe.