Asparagus is thin, pencil like green shoot. It is high in fibre and one of the most nutritious, food. Which is low in fat and calorie too.
Snap them at a natural breaking point and peel the outer tough fibre from the hard part and one can use this in any dish by slicing or as it is.
Asparagus is very delicious when it is sautéed or baked. It can be served as a “crunchy” side dish or salad.
Here in India, we don’t get plump variety and this time when I went to USA, in my sister’s house I tried this and it is much tastier than what we get it in Bangalore.
Asparagus – 1 bundle
Olive oil – 1 table spoon
Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Garlic salt – to taste.
- Wash Asparagus, snap them by hand at a natural breaking point.
- If you want to use bottom woody part, remove outer fibre by peeling, either chop them or use inner core as it is in this salad or any other dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add asparagus, cook until it blanches. It hardly takes 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and proceed to sauté.
- Take one tawa, put oil and heat.
- Drop Asparagus, sprinkle garlic salt and red chilli flakes and toss until you see a charred look.
- Serve hot.