Homemade jams are full of flavours as well as without any chemicals and preservatives. Mango and guava turn out super delicious and texture of the jam would be little grainy and thick due to guava. If you want a silky-smooth texture, you can use only mango and proceed.
Now I will proceed towards the procedure-
Mango’s – 600 Grams (roughly)
Guava – 500 grams (roughly)
Sugar- 1 kg (according to your taste)
lemon – 1
- Wash, Peel the mangoes and chop.
- Wash, chop guava into pieces.
- Put all these pieces, with a little bit of water (till it immerses) and cook for 4 whistles.
- -Mash the mixture by using masher. Don’t use mixer grinder for mashing. (it would crush the guava seeds)
- Sieve this pulp to remove fibres and seeds.
- Collect the smooth pulp and heat it in a low fire, until it starts boiling.
- Add sugar, cook until it is done.
- To check the doneness, take some water in a small bowl, drop the cooked mixture in it, immediately it should form a thick mass. If it dissolves, then you should proceed cooking.
- When it is done, add lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and cool for a while and pour it into a glass bottles to set.
- Don’t close the lid until it is cool. Store this in a clean, dry bottle and refrigerate.
-If you use very sweet mango, adjust the quantity of sugar.