My daughter wanted to bake gingerbread man cookies for this Christmas and she was asking for the recipe of the same. I finally gave her a recipe with the ingredients which were available in our pantry.Now I will handover this post to my daughter, who is 15 year old 🙂
Hi all, I am Vinushree. I really wanted some gingerbread cookies this year, and we made this unique version of gingerbread man cookies- but as women. I just wanted to bring out women empowerment. Just kidding, we didn’t have the cookie cutter for a man ;). This was very fun to make and an easy process. Please enjoy.
All-purpose flour – 3 ½ cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
Ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Baking soda- ¾ tsp
Jaggery syrup – ½ cup
Light brown sugar – ½ cup
Cooking Butter – ¾ cup
Cooking chocolate – 4 squares
Nutella – 2 tbl sp
Icing sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Milk – 2 tbl sp.
- Mix all the dry ingredients by using wire whisk, like flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda and keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar by using stand mixer. When it is done, add in egg, jaggery syrup and beat nicely.
- Add dry ingredient and make dough into 3 parts and keep this in a fridge by wrapping in a cling film cover or in a zip lock separately.
- Keep this for one hour and remove one of the dough parts from the fridge and keep this outside for 5 minutes.
- At the same time, pre heat the oven at 170 degree C and line a cookie tray with butter paper.
- Now roll the dough by using Chapati roller, by dusting some flour into ¼ inch thickness and by using cookie cutter and bake this for 12 to 14 minutes.
- After it cools down, make the icing.
- Take one microwave safe glass bowl, put icing sugar, chocolate, Nutella, milk and vanilla. Microwave for 1 minute and mix nicely. If it is melted and perfectly blends, start dipping those cookies into it and decorate with any sprinkles. Otherwise heat chocolate mixture for some more time and proceed.
- Dry them in air for one to two hours, and then store them in an airtight container.