Millets are a very good alternative to normal All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour in gluten free baking. You can’t even recognize the core ingredient. It is gluten free as well as high in nutritional value too.
When I was trying out some recipes for the 2017 Millet calendar, I dished out a couple of recipes, which had turned out super tasty, and at the same time, healthy, filling and as an alternate snack for kid’s tiffin boxes as well.
I tried pizza based seasoning in this cookie recipe and it tasted super delicious.
Mixed Millet flour – 1 cup
Butter – 50 grams
Sugar – 2 table spoons
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Curd – 2 table spoons
Pizza seasoning or Oregano – 1 tea spoon
Chilli flakes – 1 tea spoon
Cumin – 1 tea spoon
Grated cheese – to decorate.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pizza seasoning, chilli flakes and cumin and keep aside.
- Now beat butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy and creamy. Add in curd and beat once again.
- Mix in flour mixture and bind all the ingredients together, the resultant dough will be like Chapati dough.
- Take dough little by little, roll it into half inch thickness and take a cookie cutter and cut.
- Arrange this in a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 170 ºC for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Here mixed millet flour is store bought pre- mixed flour.
- Alternately one can mix two to three millet flours and make their own flour or use all purpose flour as well.