It is colourful, simple, yet bursting with flavour, very satisfying one pot nutritious meal.
How I proceeded with the recipe-
Whole wheat pasta – 1 pack
Pine nuts – ½ cup
Milk – 1 to 1 ½ cup
Onion -1 (sliced)
Red bell pepper-3
Yellow bell pepper – 2
Green bell pepper -1
Red chilli flakes
Olive oil – 1 table spoon
Garlic salt – as required
Grated cheese – 3 table spoon
Garlic greens or spring onion greens – little
- Wash Red peppers and apply some oil to the outer surface.
- Soak pine nuts in milk.
- Slice onion, green pepper and yellow pepper.
- Cook pasta in sufficient water by adding little salt and oil. When it is cooked, drain the water and reserve this water to further use.
- Pre heat oven to 200 C and keep the setting to Grill Option.
- Make 4 quarters of red bell pepper and remove seeds, arrange this in a butter paper lined cookie tray.
- When oven is pre heated and ready, keep this tray in an oven and grill this for 10 minutes and then bake this further for 10 minutes.
- (if you grill at first, you can avoid oozing of the water content from the bell pepper and it will be firm and juicy)
- When bell pepper is ready, make a paste by adding the pine nut and milk which has been soaked, with the bell pepper, and grind it in a mixer jar.
- Keep one wide mouth tawa, add olive oil or butter, when it is hot add sliced onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced green and yellow bell pepper, little garlic salt, red chilli flakes and oregano. Fry for a while and add ground bell pepper paste.
- Adjust the consistency by adding drained water which you reserved.
- Check the taste and adjust salt, seasoning, red chilli flakes.
- When it is cooked, add grated cheese and mix in drained pasta and mix nicely. Serve by garnishing with garlic or spring onion greens.
-If you don’t have garlic salt, add chopped garlic to the hot oil while adding onion.
-You can use any nuts of your choice.