Peanut or Ground nut is considered as a power house of nutrients and known as the poor man’s cashew. In our family everyone loves peanuts as a munching snack and not in a curry. As a Mangalorean, our taste buds were accustomed to coconut based curries from childhood days and we never prepared peanut based curries until my hubby introduced me to this super delicious recipe of his friend’s family. Thanks to our friend Seetha who obliged to pass on this recipe of her mother in law. This is an Andhra household’s day to day chutney recipe. We love this Spicy, tangy and creamy chutney or dip with anything and everything. It is a deadly combination with Sago and Rice Rotti too.
Peanuts – ¾ cup (roasted)
Oil – 1 tea spoon
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Green chillies – 3 to4 (chopped)
Coriander leaves – 4 strings (chopped)
Garlic – 1 whole bulb
Tamarind – peanut size.
–I take roasted peanuts with skin intact. If you want to remove the skin, you can do that and use.
– Now take one tawa, put oil. When it is hot, add chopped onion, garlic, green chillies and fry till it becomes translucent. (Onion Should be transparent and glossy)
– Switch off the gas and mix in chopped coriander leaves, roasted peanuts and tamarind.
– Cool this mixture and grind this mixture by adding salt and required amount of water.
– I normally don’t add any seasoning to this chutney. If you want you can add or serve as it is.
– It goes very well with any south Indian Breakfast dishes.
7 thoughts on “Peanut chutney:”